Minier | 204 East Central Street/ P.O. Box 801 | Minier, IL 61759 | Tel: 1-309-392-2535
Mackinaw | 501 South Orchard Street / P.O. Box 357 | Mackinaw, IL 61755 | Tel: 1-309-359-3221
Donald Davis Sr. - Past Owner
Donald Davis Jr. - Past Owner
Theo Haensel- Past Owner
Davis-Oswald Funeral Home
Davis-Oswald Funeral Home has a long-standing tradition of excellence in the Central Illinois area. We are family-owned and operated and have devoted our service to the families we assist. Our staff strives to provide thoughtful and compassionate service, as in years past, and for years to come.
Davis Mortuary started at the Hopedale location in 1947, when Don Davis Sr. purchased the Rickett Funeral Home from Charles Rickett, who was the funeral director in Hopedale at that time. The Davis family lived in the upstairs apartment of the mortuary until 1962, at which time they moved to Tremont.
Don Davis Sr. expanded Davis Mortuary into the Tremont area in 1950 with the purchase of a residence located at the corner of Walnut & Locust Streets. This was the location of Davis Mortuary in Tremont until 1962 when the present facility was constructed.
Don Davis Jr. purchased the family owned and operated business in June of 1981. In 2001, he expanded Davis Mortuary Inc. into Delavan with the purchase of the former Hallmann-Woolsey Funeral Home from S.C.I. Management Corporation in Houston, TX.
In 1998, Michael Oswald started working at Davis Mortuary as a funeral director. When Don Davis Jr. retired in 2013, he sold the business to Michael. In 2014, the name of the business changed to Davis-Oswald Funeral Home to reflect the past and future of the business.
Haensel-Oswald Funeral Home
Haensel-Oswald Funeral Home has been serving Mackinaw, Minier, and surrounding areas for over 90 years. The funeral home, owned and operated by Theo Haensel, opened its doors in 1924 on Main Street in Mackinaw. The funeral home was moved to 406 Orchard Street in 1939 and remained in that location until 1952 when it moved to its present location at 501 Orchard Street in Mackinaw.
Theo Haensel Jr. took over the business in 1964 from his father and continued running the business until his son David became the owner in 2000.